FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Illinois state law issues
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 03:53 PM   #4
chamchickc
Thank you for posting this information. As I was reminded by the wonderful Edward Burkes office, this is just a proposal and not a final draft. How much it will change before the final draft is completed is anyone's guess, but I assure you, from the attitudes displayed verbally from that office, it won't be excluding any reptiles and exotics!

I think they might realize they missed a few species and ammend it to include them.

I will anxiously await your online petition so I can get as many people to it to support us on preventing this ordinance from being passed.

Please keep us informed of any dates you get on when the ordinance will be presented at the council meetings in advance. I was unable to get Mr. Donal to answer my questions about the proposed ordinace. The more people who show up to fight this, the better our chances are of fighting for our rights to own the multitudes of species they are wanting to ban.

One last bit of great news, Edward Burkes office is not happy with the number of calls they have recieved today in regards to this issue and swear there is an organized conspiracy and swore I was part of it. I, as I tried to convince him, am only one person who cares. Everyone who has called so far, you are really going to make a difference!

Write, email and call those aldermen!

Charith