FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Snakes at Sunset
Thread: Inquiry Snakes at Sunset
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #82
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
CeltGunn would it be possible to attach the picture of the pastave, that shows the kink? Also how long after it arrived did you notice the kink?

Some kinks are obvious immediately, and may be severe enough that euthanizing the snake is the only humane outcome. Others do take a while to show up. I have an 18 month old BRB I produced that has a very mild neck kink - it's so mild I didn't know about it for several months, and even today it's not obvious unless pointed out. Because there were 23 other perfect babies in that litter I doubt it's a genetic issue, but I would never sell that snake as a breeder.

Similarly I wouldn't consider even a mildly kinked ball python to be breeder-quality, there are so many perfect critters on the market that there's no need to produce offspring from imperfect ones.
According to the copy and pasted emails from post 37 the kink was noticed the day it was received. It always speaks volumes to me when it takes a BOI post to get an issue resolved. I think in this case a full refund including shipping with the buyer keeping the snake would have been appropriate.