FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What do y'all look like?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 05:49 AM   #7
Karen Hulvey
Spell check only works on words misspelled, not typos that make other words. LOL

One thing's for sure. You can't go by looks when trying to decide if someone is "into" reptiles or not.

At the reptile pet store I work at there is woman who comes in but looks like your "typical" grandmother. When she first came in several years ago, I expected to hear tons of phrases out of her mouth like: "The only good snake is a dead snake.", "People actually buy these things?", "Who would have a snake in their house?" and etc. I never in a million years dreamed she would like reptiles and then fill her house with them. She went around oohing and aaahing at EVERYTHING. I don't know how many herps she is up to now but it's a lot. She has bought snakes, tarantulas, turtles, lizards and amphibians, you name it. She also goes to the reptile shows now too.

Then sometimes we have tattooed, long-haired guys who run screaming like a little girl if I take a hatchling corn snake out of its container. Now that is funny.

On a side note when I spell checked this post it highlighted HERPS and the first suggestion for a correct spelling was HERPES. I got a chuckle out of that.

Here's a pic of me with my newest BP.
Attached Images