FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Evan Stahl - Sent Me Sick Pine Snakes
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
elena
Just so you know, it is important to fast a snake for 3-4 weeks after a regurge, and then give small meals and gradually build back up to a normal prey size. Without this waiting period, the regurge will happen again and again, sometimes leading to death. As some of the others have stated, flagyl is for internal parasites, something a captive snake should never have. I can only assume that your albino animals are captive bred, so the only way they could have intestinal parasites is if they contracted them from another animal, which shows poor quarantine and cross-contamination, poor husbandry. Take your remaining snake to the vet immediately and have them test for parasites. If parasites are found, Mr. Stahl may be seriously in the wrong. But I have to ask, do you own any WC animals, and what do you do to prevent cross-contamination? It's important to know these things to rule out a husbandry error on your end. I will say that you probably should have taken these guys to the vet sooner. It's inappropriate to administer flagyl to a CB animal without a fecal test to confirm parasites.