FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 PM   #28
Pasodama
No matter the situation/circumstance, nobody can make all people happy and, certainly, not all people at the same time.

I am one who does not want to see the BOI, here at Fauna, go away.
Although some people may not like it, and, yes, some feathers may be ruffled from time to time, it is the best run, & best set up, BOI that, currently, exists.

On the BOI, I don't always agree with how some people act, &/or with everyone's opinions, but, for crying out loud, I don't blame the BOI for the posts of ~Individuals~. However, there are those who, ignorantly, do so. Pity.

As for those who cry lawsuit, it is not the BOI who posts "bad guy" (or "good guy", "info", "etc.") threads. It is ~individuals~ who do.
Regardless, those individuals are well within their rights to do so. There is nothing illegal, in posting one's experience, wherever they wish to do so &/or all over the world for that matter. No lible exists as long as what has been posted is the truth.
If someone does not want to ever see their name/business posted, as the subject of a "bad guy" thread, it is simple. Don't screw over any of your customers.
If it turns out that an honest mistake was made, all that needs to be done is to quickly rectify the error, or compensate for it, and you come out smelling like roses.
If it turns out that a false, or frivolous, complaint is posted, they are ~very quickly~ smelled and outed. No problem.
It is ridiculous for the threats of lawsuit, or the filing of a lawsuit, to occur.

That said, I really understand your thoughts, and reasoning behind what you are going to be doing with the BOI, Rich ... and I support you.

Fauna is a great site in general. Although I'd like to have the BOI continue on, I will remain a paid member, with or without the BOI (should it ever go away some day) for as long as Fauna is still running (or as long as I am, whichever goes first LoL).

BTW
I am a paid member of both Fauna and CS.com. Paying more at CS.com so as to have my own forum there (wonder if that would work here?).
Anyway, I would like to raise my contributer level (pay more) here at Fauna. Probably next month?
Only thing is that I wonder, if I were to do so (let's say next month), what happens to my current membership, which does not expire until Oct.? Will the higher level paid membership start as soon as I pay for it, and move expiration to that earlier date (a yr. later, of course), and simply erase my current membership (and paid $)? Something else?

~~~~