FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - whats the difference between a pink eyed leucistic ratsnake and a leucistic ratsnake?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
D. Mong
A funny thing,..........I bought a leucistic pair at Daytona, one of each sex from separate vendors. A while back, I noticed a funny deep ruby coloration from the male's eyes, I thought I was just seeing things from a funny angle. Well, last week I saw the weird coloration again, and went and got a magnifying glass, lo and behold, it indeed has deep ruby-red eyes!. From others I have seen, the pink eyes are much lighter and more pronounced, also some others I've seen have pink iris's as well. Mine has regular(as leucistics go) light colored iris's, and the eyes are so deep ruby colored they're hard to make out unless you really take a good close look,......very strange!,...but I'm pretty happy about it nontheless.

Anybody else have any feed-back on the extremely deep ruby-red, basically blood-red eyes on a leucistic Texas???, I'm sure the vendor I got it from had no idea whatsoever that it had red eyes, the price reflected it as well.

best regards, ~Doug