FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ohio Call to Action
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
Gloryhound
Sorry for multiple posts on this, but I keep digging up info and trying to get it out as quickly as I can. My last post gave me a new direction that we can send people to fight this.

With the rule of the Wild Animal Ban being submitted to JCARR (Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review) a new group of people have the chance to stop the ODNR (Ohio Department of Natural Resources). These individuals though are more interested in the legality of the law rather than a simple majority vote. They need to be reminded that Section 1531.02 clearly states the ODNR does not hold jurisdiction over animals “not legally confined or held by private ownership legally acquired”. This makes the filing by the ODNR a violation of the Ohio Revised Code and it should not be considered further as almost all of the animals listed in the restriction are animals not native to Ohio that are legally confined and/or held by legally acquired private ownership. That means the ODNR can not tell the owners of these legally acquired animals that they are not allowed to sell them or breed them due to limited jurisdiction.
This link takes you to a page that has all the committee members listed with links to their pages that include contact info: https://www.jcarr.state.oh.us/index....d=48&Itemid=54