FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Herping West Texas
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
sppeavy
Talking

I also know the area by the back of my hand, I am trying to get this going a little bit. There is alot of people that have only been once or twice and they probably have some good stories. I want to here stories of what they caught and where they found what. I had a experience down there last fall when we decided to eat in Mexico, at the Presido line and almost got arrested by border patrol for crossing with a baby diamondback in the car. I took us three hours to get back into the U.S.. After crossing back into the states, we drove east on river road and collected around 40 snakes. I had been out west for a few days and had bad luck, so the snakes made the border trouble worth it. Snakes found included......3 Trans Pecos Rats, 2 Mexican Milks, 6 Grey-Bands(2 with no red and 4 very red), 2 Lyre Snakes( released later as they are protected), 4 Checkered Garters, 6 Gophers, 4 Desert Kings(all found within 1 mile of eachother), 2 Banded Rock Rattlers, 1 Mottled Rock Rattler, 3 Blacktails, 2 Mojaves, and 5 Diamondbacks. All in all, it was a great week out west. All lizards were caught durring the day. I had a ton of Banded Geckos and Crevice Spinys. A couple earless and fence lizards.