FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 14 foot Burmese killed after biting owner
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #3
hhmoore
[quote]Prior to calling police, Velthouse's friend tried prying the snake's mouth off Velthouse's wrist with a screwdriver. Stabbing the snake with a machete finally made it release him.
"The snake was very agitated. It was angry and you couldn't get too close to it," said Haley. "We called the MSPCA and explained the situation and we came to the conclusion that the snake had to be disposed of."[quote]
Hmmmm, all they did was try to pry its mouth open with a screwdriver and stab it with a machete (after it received electrical shocks)? I see no reason for the snake to have been angry or agitated. Disposing of the snake was obviously the only recourse...after they shot it in the head with a shotgun, anyways. They don't make good pets after that - all the little pellets cause dain bramage.

Quote:
While Burmese pythons can be kept as pets because they are generally docile, reticulated pythons cannot. The two snakes look similar, but the reticulated is aggressive, said Thomas W. French, assistant director of the state Division of Fisheries and Wildlife.
I changed my mind - no comment on that one.

now mind you, this is a 14 ft snake that has a 14 ft striking distance. An idea made even more amazing by the fact that it weighs 180 lbs. Methinks that somebody doesn't know what the f- I mean - heck they are talking about (aside from Thomas W French, from the above quote). that is beyond mere exaggeration.