FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rodent Breeding Facility
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
kanozig
Rodent Breeding Facility

I am contemplating leasing a older industrial building for rodent production. The building would be between 800-1500 SQ ft, I currently breed rats/ mice for myself. My question is... If anyone had any feedback? bad ventures/ experiences, words of advise? I guess my biggest question is.... With that amount of space, "super rough estimate".... What would I be capable of producing? I currently have a 300 Sq foot room in a office type situation, Its great for my herp collection and the rent is pretty much zero at the moment.... Rent for a building in my area is about $800-$1200.00 a month. I really do not make money on my reptiles, I am not currently producing anything of high value reptile wise.... I would simply want the space for my expanding hero collection, to be able to feed all my animals with the rodents being produced, and use the income from the extra rodents to pay the rent bill....

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ive asked a few friends with reptiles to partake in half of the operation and a chance to keep their collection in a facility with no luck, One of my biggest fears would be signing a lease, assembling everything, and not having the extra cash to pay "high rent" due to low production/ low sales.... Also, where I am now, the rodents are a bit stinky, so I am looking to ramp up my own production for myself a bit but I cannot because of the smell effecting the business I am in.

Thanks in advance

Kevin