FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ask for suggestions. Finally I think my Sulcata caught the cold or Respiratory infect
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
ariesxiao
Ask for suggestions. Finally I think my Sulcata caught the cold or Respiratory infect

He is about 8 inches. He started to have weird sound 1-2 months ago. Recently he started to have running nose and open mouth to breathe. I don't feel he is good. He is still active and eat and poop well. But I can feel he is hard to breathe sometimes.

I started to open his sealed enclosure to let him breathe more fresh air. But I still maintain the temperature in his enclosure and even higher, about 95F in most parts to the enclosure and 105 F in the basking area. I think usually high temperature can help in the cold recovery. I also added the percentage of the dandelion, plantain plant, mint and basil in his daily meal which are used to cure cold and respiratory in some traditional medicine (like Arabic, China or Indian traditional medicine). I started to do this for 3 days but still don't see any sign he is recovering. I still soak him in warm water every other day.

Are there any other suggestions I can do?

I watched some youtube video which suggested to use anti-biotic baytril. But it requires vet prescription. Do I need to take him to a vet? Is there any good vet suggested in Seattle area?

Thanks