FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - releasing permitted animals (venomous in FL)
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
hhmoore
releasing permitted animals (venomous in FL)

THis subject came up in a recent BOI thread, and I didn't want to pursue it there and distract from the real topic...
Referencing the State of FL and its venomous reptile license:
What impact might releasing permitted animals have on one's license? For my NYS venomous license, I had to report new acquisitions (births, purchases, turn ins, etc) as well as the cause of any decrease in number (sale, transfer, death). In the aforementiond thread, the poster stated that she had released a nonfeeding cottonmouth "to give it a chance". I don't want to get into the whole ethics issue of releasing captive animals (so please keep this focused); but I'm curious about the wording of FL's venomous license, and if there is mention of release.
To the poster in that thread: you specifically mentioned an inventory list, are you really going to submit that you released a hot? or, after having posted that on an open forum (where it cannot be deleted or edited), are you going to enter it as deceased?