FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ripped off from Nick Lang & Company
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
quinnbozek
A few more details. . .

Thank you so much for that information. You got a lot further than I have, so far, in trying to get somewhere with this. In our situation he communicated, via email, with our son that he was from Florida also.
Here is a quick synopsis of what happened:
FEB. 14 -ad was found in FaunaClassifieds (for cb eastern box turtle w/ pictures) posted by Nick Lang(nicklang538@yahoo.com). Purchase was made through paypal and Nick stated he would accept the $ and hold the turtle until warmer weather. Assured us in 'good faith' this was legit.
FEB. 15 -Nick emailed us saying he would return the $ because it should be transferred to Frank Salvador (flowmaster12@yahoo.com) instead. Money was returned and we transferred it to this account.
FEB. 16 -Nick emailed again and said the $ would be returned and instead transferred to Martez Powell (monitors78@yahoo.com). We did this also.
FEB. 18 -We emailed Nick to inform him that the weather would be satisfactory enough to send the turtle to us.
And now, up to this point, and a number of emails to all three addresses -we have not heard back from anyone. Very frustrating but a lesson learned the hard way. I'm even more pissed off though because my 10 year old son had saved up for a couple months just so he could get his first box turtle (I have three already) and it unfortunately had to end up this way.

Again, thank you and the others who commented with your thoughts, suggestions, and information. And I hope others will read this too and learn to be just a bit more careful in regards. I sure will.

Tom