FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Underground Reptiles: Sick animal inquiry?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #77
thamnophis123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Considering I currently cannot legally ship a burmese python or a reticulated python from my home state of virginia, into the state of (example) Texas, even though they cannot survive in either one of these states. I cannot understand where this trust in reason is coming from.

When you play with garter snakes and water snakes as a hobby, I can see where it may not be a big deal to jeopardize this by calling undue attention on ourselves. But many of us do this for a living and would prefer not to have our livelihood constantly assaulted by the government for frivolous reasons.
A couple things - I agree we are getting off topic, so I won't respond to off topic posts anymore (after this one :-)

I found quite a lot of Indian pythons not far from Delhi, where street people routinely freeze to death and the temps regularly dip below freezing. I've also caught burmese in south Florida happily sunning themselves after a night of sub-freezing temps. So your assertion about where they can live is nothing but speculation in my opinion.

The fact that you squeak out a meager existence by peddling b-grade animals to unsuspecting 14 year olds doesn't mean you should be exempt from regulations designed to protect our collective wildlife resource, or our private collections. (See, both of us can play that off hand, denigrating comment game, can't we?)

Now, lets please get this thread back on topic: Underground Reptiles and SFD.