FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #141
jnewsome26
Hey Lawndart,

I've been thinking a lot, and been told what I should have done. Here's my thoughts; if you've still got the box she shipped to you in check it again. The last time we talked to Discover they told us that according to UPS's documentation there was a return address on the box. I didn't save it unfortunately so I can't verify it. If there is an address there then take your animal to a vet and get a clean bill of health. Then ship it, along with a copy of the clean bill of health, back to the address and ship it so that a signature is required for delivery. That way, you can verify;

1) you sent her a healthy animal
2) she did in fact receive it

this of course assumes you're willing to ship the animal without knowing there's someone there on the other end to receive it. This has a very good chance in resulting in the animal's death, but after my discussions with Discover it seems to be your only option. If you want to avoid that, and cover your ass even more send a letter to her, overnight, stating your plan to ship the animal back, your reason, and when it will be shipped, how, etc. Send it with signature required that way when it's delivered, she signs for it and you can prove she knew the animal was coming. I really hate even thinking like this but after being told, at length, by a law student friend of mine EXACTLY what I did wrong...It seems you could use the advice. Hope it helps you,

Jonathan Newsome