FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoids, the right and the wrong.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 AM   #102
adder
OK, so some of you (above) rant about human welfare and bite risks of humans.
Our number one pre-occupation is with the welfare of the snakes!
For us this is MOST important and venomoids are venomoids for that reason more than any other!
No tongs for our venomoids and we have happy snakes.
You lot can belt your "pet" snakes with sticks, break bones with tongs and that's OK!
We free handle our snakes and do not forcibly restrain the venomoids in any way - that is the main reason for it - the snake's welfare ... ah I forgot, some of you are into egos and not the snakes themselves.
As for the crap about "oh he has venomoids because he can't handle hots", that's the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.
I'd been catching, keeping, breeding, discovering and naming species of deadly snakes before some of you were born!
Ever heard of Pailsus pailsi?
Mmm, probably not!
Try Pilbara Adders?
Same...
Who was the idiot who discovered those things?
And how many of you have caught ten hots this week (wild and with venom)?, or a similar number last week and every week of summer?
Well I have (only Browns and Tigers this week, 3 and 4 in the world's deadliest stakes), so I think I have a little more authority to raise the issues of safe handling than most if not all the rest here...and claims I can't handle the things safely and without getting a bite are rubbish.
Oh and we didn't use tongs or sticks to catch any this week!
Now as for S373, 273 or whatever number is is, the effects of this will have far reaching effects way beyond the borders of the land of the free and that's why I have been fighting it from here!
Pity someof you lot are apparantly working in favor of the bill rather than against it!
Time IS running out....
ALL THE BEST