FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus Document from University of Florida
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 02:47 AM   #6
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriS
You need adobe acobat reader to see it

you can download it online

It says the same thing that about a dozen published papers already online and already mentioned on this sites in the past and the prior letter they released.

The only difference I can see is that they state most their tests they have ran are positive, but they do no state any numbers of test or numbers of breeders colonies that it is from or the time period which I would have liked to see. I saw someone say they thought 500 and I had thought last October it was under 200, so I do not now which or if they had a lot more test in 5 months. I really do think that this left unchecked for so many years allowed many ownwers and breeders dragons to become infected
I've heard, and admittedly the information came from someone with connections to a large breeder better left unnamed, that they had tested 500, I don't know that for a fact. if it is only 500, then we definitely need to get more people testing because that simply isn't a big enough study.
It's frustrating to know now that the PCR testing has been available since 2003 because no one was doing it. If people had way back then, we'd would maybe be dealing with a whole different issue today. Sad, sad, sad.
I know, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, and we can't live with shoulda, coulda, woulda, but I'm just.. well, a bit depressed by this whole thing.