FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Black roughneck Monitors~ CB breeding?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Black roughneck Monitors~ CB breeding?

I used to keep a pair of Black roughnecks~ Varanus rudicollis~ which I had to sell for a number of reasons about two years ago. When I was keeping the pair they bred several times~ and I got eggs from her a couple times but I was never able to successfully hatch the eggs. My understanding at the time (a couple YEARS ago) was that no hobbyists had succeeded in Captive Breeding AND Hatching Varnus rudicollis at that point. Well~ today I read in the classifieds here where a fellow says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpterra View Post
it is CB yes and I have had him since it hatched, I incubated the eggs but i sold the parents already
That read to me that he bred the parents and successfully hatched the eggs. I'm really very interested in the methods he used if this is a fact. I doubt I'll get another pair of Rudis but that doesn't stop me from being interested. I thought about posting in his ad to ask about the methods~ but was afraid that would look and sound like I was challenging the authenticity of his ad. Thats not my intent~ what I want to know is..........

HAS someone successfully bred and hatched Rudi's in Captivity?
Anyone got pics and/or info on what methods, temps, incubation times and mediums were used?
Thanks!