FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Black roughneck Monitors~ CB breeding?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Wow~ thats cool. I hope you can find the pics. I'd love to see what a fertile egg looks like. My girl laid more than 4 per clutch~ but I can't recall exactly how many. I have pics~ and I suspect the eggs she laid for me never were fertile despite the adults seeming to breed CONSTANTLY!

This is what her eggs looked like~

and as I said I suspect there were infertile though I did try incubating the different clutches at different temps. I don't recall for sure~ but I think I tried with 3 clutches~ then I separated the adults because I was planning a move across country. The female developed another clutch of eggs anyway and became egg bound on them and thats why I had to sell the pair. The vet said she would continue to produce eggs even if I didn't allow them to breed~ and if she became egg bound on a drive across country it would kill her. They were great lizards though~ and I do miss them! I have SO Many projects going now I can't see getting another pair~ but I would love to see some pics of a success with them and maybe get an idea what I was doing wrong.