FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus Document from University of Florida
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #80
chushy1
Ok all, I have read through this whole thing.

I have no desire to debate the presence or non-presence.

Here is my situation and I was hoping for guidance in this thread. So far, I found inconclusive discussion and bickering....

Please, if anyone has ANY advice on how to proceed post it, PM it, email it...I don't care. I just need to figure it out.

I am a small breeder in northern califnornia. I have 9 adults.

1 A1 Reptile RedXGold female, 3yrs. She was bought as a baby.

1 Sunburst X Normal male 4 years.

I have pictures of their parents. I knew the breeder well.

These are the parents. Niether exhibit any signs or symptoms of AV.

I have a clutch of dragons(4 weeks old) that have two babies expire for unknown reasons. One the wife froze the first and the other died yesterday and was refrigerated.

I have contacted my vet and they are finding out what lab to use and if they test for AV.

Can someone please point me to a list of symptoms?

The two that have died presented with loss of appetite, non-active. A day later were appearing dehydrated and non-active. We started treating for dehydration with no positive results.

The third one is not doing good today and another is presenting with these symptoms. We didn't notice the other dragons doing this, but he has the same symptoms and at this time is arching his head back and appearing to keep trying to swallow. I fear he won't make it to see the next hour.

I understand losing babies is something that happens for breeders, but my desire is lose as little as possible, especially something that I can minimize or stop altogether.

Do these sound like the symptoms of AV? We have ruled out most factors at this point. We have begun isolating the ones that show symptoms in an attempt to track the problem.

Setups: Large Plastic totes, ReptileUV 60watt external ballasted Mercury Vapor specialty lights and ReptileUV infared heat emitters. Basking temps are 101 - 106 degree Farenheit and cool side is 75 degree faranheit. They are fed assorted greens(mustard greens, collard, dandelion and turnip), silkworms(bred by us), RepCal dry pellets(mushed with water), crickets(bought weekly from breeder) and Nature's own Dragon Bites(cut up to thier size).

As you can see, we try our best to give them the optimal enviroment.

Any help is appreciated. If this needs to be moved somewhere else, I apologize and ask the mods to please move to appropriate forum or thread. I welcome all suggestions.

OUCH! Vet just called and they want to charge me $200 per Necropsy. *sigh* I guess I have no choice. If anyone has any suggestions on this too, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and if this does get moved can you just drop me a note to let me know where so I can check for answers and or questions?