FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - malnourished or rankins Dragon I'm not sure?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #8
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk84 View Post
He did have a uvb light for her, thankfully. I think that and the collards are the only reason she doesn't have mad (visually at least). Any tips on fattening her up? Currently feeding dubias, silkworms and mustard greens
Use calcium & multi-vitamin dust on her food (if you're using an MVB then make sure the calcium dust doesn't have D3, if you're using a UVB then make sure it does), make sure she has proper lighting (not saying that you don't, just reinforcing that she does) all sorts of greens, veggies & fruit.

I know my dragon LOVES collards & dandelion but doesn't like mustards, so I mix all 3 together and he eats them up. He loves strawberries, blueberries & bell peppers, but since he's picky, he won't eat his veggies with his fruit. He likes his veggies with his bugs, and his fruit on the side. He won't eat his fruit if there is dust on it, but he will eat his bugs if they're dusted. (I think he gets eating tips from my toddler or my toddler gets them from him...Either way, they're in cahoots. lol)

Reason I'm saying that is, you might have to try different things to get her to eat more. It's like feeding kids. Have to keep trying until it works, and once that happens, they'll probably change it up on you again. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Nope, I don't see a Rankins there, either. I would also give her a variety of other suitable veggies and also fruits, not just mustard greens.
Mustards don't give all the nutrients needed like when you diversify the offerings.