FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New Guinea Crocodiles (Crocodylus novaguineae)
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
GATORCHASER
ALWAYS A WAY ARROUND IT

Remember I stated that I went to the "prestigious international school of POMHI" just about every "local" that I went to school with is in some form of govt office or another. Several friends in Parliament. Do not get me wrong- you are 100% correct about the export laws, (same is true for the Bird of Paradise) however they do export or "loan" to "Zoos, etc.".

Besides using contacts through their Govt, only half of the Island of New Guinea is Papua New Guinea. The other half of the Island is Irian Jaya (Indonesia Providence).

This would make it even easier to obtain these guys. There is a opposition movement in Irian Jaya called the "O.P.M." that would be more than happy to export them but I am sure it would be just as easy to obtain them through more traditional Indonesian channels (same as the Bird of Paradise).

While I am taking time to post here- is anyone interested in purchasing a baby 04’ Water Monitor. Is very healthy. I am selling because my outdoor enclosure is better suited for Gators and this guy will need to climb.

Has any one heard any positive or negative feedback on: http://www.diamondreptile.com/
Or their: "DIAMOND CAIMEN" HYBRID YACARE X SPECTACLED CAIMEN C.H.04”