FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Trans x Trans Breeding???
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
This is correct

This is not. The trans gene has been around long enough to be crossed out enough. There are trans, hypo trans, trans leathers, and hypo trans leathers. I dont think it took this long to cross hypos out. (before my time in breeding these genetics) But even with ALL this over the last 4-5 years. I and other breeders (reputable breeders) will to this day still not cross a trans to trans or any other visual trans gene.

You may cross a trans to a trans and get a good clutch. BUT that is just it. It more and likely will only be one and then problems will arise.

I have had problems over the years with breeding a trans to a het trans. Until I can go a few years and not have the problems. I know there not ready to be crossed. So why push the issue, to only produce something that is not genetically ready.

Its a beautiful thing watching your baby dragons hatch. But when you hatch a deformed dragon only because you wanted to make a dollar. Well I wont say whats on my mind. I will just say, This isnt the hobby for you!

In my closing statement because I have argued this enough,

Create life. Do your best to produce the strongest heartiest dragon that you can. DONT play god!
I couldn't agree more, health first, color second.