FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Mark Lenor, user name: marklenor
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
I'm about to place an ad and it will be a local delivery only ... meeting at a rest stop or restaraunt but definitely not a show ... the way we did it 'back in the day' . Waaaaaay back in the day , LOL.

You're right about the problems the BOI closing will bring. Though Rich said he thinks it's not needed anymore, I think something like it is needed MORE THAN EVER.

I'm still hoping that there will be an even tougher successor after the BOI is gone. If not, the honest people in this are done ... unless they all go back to personal meetings, etc.

Jim, back in the day it was done through the airlines, mainly U.S. Air, (they were very reasonably priced) and we found the critters on price lists, that were mailed, or we called the dealers in Florida, New York, California, etc. and asked what they had available. Then came the internet, and with that came any one could be any one they wanted too be, hence the SCAMMER'S....

Those days are gone, and won't return.

The old timers have seen the best of times, and the new comers will never experience the best of times, we've seen.

As far as meeting in person, that's great, "IF" you both live reasonably close, what to do if the sale or purchase is coast to coast, or border to border? There's no good answer, or solution, just research the best you can.....

JMHO..........
Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles