FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - ut oh she laid some eggs
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
timboi
ut oh she laid some eggs

Ok well I just got a female like a month ago she is about 7 or 8 months old. So today I notice she goes into this moss hideout that shes never been in before, and earlier in the week I noticed she was fat and had some white circles in her tummy so I kinda guessed she was pregnant. So anyways I check the hideout and sure enough she had burried 2 eggs in there. A couple hours later I made a sorta homemade incubator with a cool whip container with some moist moss in it in a box on top of a heating pad with a thermometer and the temp is around 85 degrees. Is this good enough for the eggs to survive in ??? Im not going to spend the money on an incubator since its not really critical that the eggs really do survive to me. Ok so now shes losing weight wich I was expecting from reading, so another question of mine is whats the best way to fatten her back up? Also do I need to seperate them now (as in will he keep humping her and she keep spittin out eggs) b/c im pretty sure she will die if she gets pregnant again. Ok and how long does it usually take for the eggs to hatch?? And my last question (sorry for so many yes im very new to this ) What would I get from this pair the male is a very high yellow normal with about 50% carrot tail and the female is a very beautiful blizzard.

Thanks
Tim