FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do...
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #182
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
How many businesses would hire an individual who was fired from their last job with cause?

Reason for leaving: Fired for theft
Reason for leaving: Fired for inappropriate conduct
Reason for leaving: Fired for making death threats to other employees

I don't think it's ridiculous at all to maintain some standard of behavior and hold some expectations about the past conduct and reputation of anyone who's being "hired" The reputation of the individuals will color the reputation of the business that hires them... or website that allows them to act as moderators. Positive or negative, as the individual case may be.

To draw a parallel to your analogy (how's that for fun with the english language?) there are people who have been banned from Fauna for misconduct that are currently allowed to access the paid moderator contributor status. As of right now, as far as I can tell and until someone confirms anything to the contrary, I am also under the impression that a moderator who was incrementally banned through the point system for misconduct would be allowed to pay a fine and return to the same status they were abusing. Anyone who's been banned from the site as a result of their own negative actions really should be rubberstamped as "Failed to meet the required standards" or "Non-rehireable"
I knew as I was writing it that I didn't put that part out properly and still having a hard time with properly placing it in words so I will leave it at that.

I was under the impression that mini mods can get their abilities revoked if they abuse their powers, and I still am thinking on those lines as I seem to recall that being said at some point, I just don't know where and truthfully to lazy right now to look it up.