FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - And you all wonder why I have to make the restrictions I do...
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #187
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
No, it's not intentional Cheryl. But I believe I have always had this knack of getting directly to the heart of the matter by stripping away all the fluff in what someone says, and breaking it down to basic elements. Probably comes from my years being a computer troubleshooter where I had to deal with people trying to describe to me what was wrong, and I had to pick out only what was really relevant and focus on that.

Sorry...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
Oh, absolutely! Which is why I have to take some advice with a jaundiced eye and wonder about the INTENT of such suggestions. Certainly some may not think it through to logical conclusions, but perhaps others do and would gleefully like to see that result come about.
Perhaps therein lies a BIG part of the problem. People are not "black and white" like computers, and by stripping away what YOU consider fluff, and only paying attention to what YOU think the person is saying, you often completely miss the point of what that person is saying.....and once you have that mistaken picture in your head, no matter how much that person tries to explain, it falls on deaf ears. Or you believe that means that person has nothing but malicious intent....when it is nothing of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
Why are some members trying to belittle those members who have paid the membership fees required to take on this authority and responsibility? What are the REAL motives behind that sort of harassment?
Again....I have not seen ANYONE here who has taken issue with members in general who have paid for the moderator level. I specifically said in an earlier post that there are some who have paid recently with the best of intentions to help the site, and that's a good thing. What people have issues with is SCUM paying for the priviledge....and them and their money being welcomed with open arms.

I believe most of us thought more of this site and the integrity it was supposed to stand for. If you can't believe that is the true motivation behind the complaints, or you keep seeing the honest advice offered as just "fluff"...I don't know what else to say. Maybe I expected too much integrity, maybe I shouldn't care either.