FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Chameleons in Florida
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:41 PM   #12
Scrooge
chameleons

Actually I have been to Ft. Myers and I know exactly where the property is where the veiled chameleons are. I have been there several times, and I have caught babies, juvies, and adults. The property is right off the exit of the highway, but it is in front of a residential neighborhood. The last time we went there the sons of one of the residents tried to fight me and my friends (redneck trash people) then they called the police. The police came and thankfully let us go because we had one small chameleon in our possession. fwc.com list the species of established reptiles and they used to give you pretty exact coordinates of established populations, don't know if they still do, but that was how I found this place- I googled the coordinates from the website.
I would like to start a different thread in the future and share some good spots in south Florida.

Also someone is selling tegus on the classified section, I know where they are exactly in homestead, behind Robert is Here tourist attraction, close to everglades national park I have a co worker who lives in that neighborhood and has accidentally ran over several of them on that road. You need traps to catch them...
I also will sell puertorican anoles from time to time, I catch those specifically in greynolds park in north Miami beach west of Biscayne Blvd , you guys should go if your in Miami good stuff there. Stripped basilisk, iguanas, all kinds anoles.