FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Purebred Fighting cocks
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 04:45 PM   #9
JasonBrennan
As far as the surigical altering of the roosters, I am the one who made that statement. I am an avid watcher of Animal Precint on Animal Planet. On a couple of the shows, they showed how the birds are altered around the head. I really have no idea what purpose this serves, but they animal cruelty enforcement agents did say that it is common place for the fighting birds to be altered in this manner, and the mere altering of the birds constituted a crime (it legally made them "fighting" animals).

We have laws here where I live that state if you have a pit bull that has ANY SCARS WHAT SO EVER, it is a fighting dog and will be confiscated and destroyed. Like I said, I have 3 pit bulls. My dogs do have little scars on them from playing with each other, rolling in the rose bushes (don't ask me why they do that, I have no idea), and from generally being dogs. But, based on this law, my dogs could be taken from me as fighting animals. So, I do not agree with any of these laws that make an animal illegal based on their apperance. Hell, in OH they wanted to pass a law saying that if a pit bull has cropped ears, it must be used for fighting. Never mind all the other breeds that have cropped ears (it is for looks, after all).

Anyways, this is an old thread, but I just re-read it, and wanted to ad my extra .02.

Jason Brennan