FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Making a new site...Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #57
crotalusadamanteus
Stef, no worries. I've been there before. I probably read more into it anyways. And I may take you up on that CSS offer. I want to try some things first though.

Appreciate the definition Alan, but you know those laws were created because of mass producing, and mass downloading. Billions of dollars, huge scale. I don't think there is a federal agency, or a court in this land that would actually prosecute for a single copy being burned. Even if reported with evidence.
And if we're gonna be technical about it...ever jay walked? Rolled through a stop sign? Littered? Shipped a snake through United Parcel Service? Except for the latter, they get overlooked by law enforcement on a daily basis. But just as illegal as any other crime. UPS just "discards as they see fit" if they find a snake. Not illegal, but against the rules.

I guess I am saying there are many shades of gray between the black and white. And I think that is what was overlooked here. It really was a harmless offer. Which was declined anyway, so no harm done.

Dennis. Thanks man. Appreciate the comps. And if it gets to me too much, I'll probably do the same. LOL Right now I'm finding the script stuff interesting, but a head ache at the same time. I'll post it when it's done.

Thanks again for the help!
Rick