FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - alligator lizard!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 01:21 PM   #7
wsmitty
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
How tame is your girl? she looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkonida
Looks like you have a very nice Nile there. Great looking animal! How is its disposition?

Ahhh.....the tameness and disposition of my nile(or any nile).....this is tricky topic.

I think it's just terrible that hundreds, maybe even thousands of baby niles are sold every year to people who think they are going to wind up with a wounderfull pet that will "chill on your lap while you watch tv". When they find out that they would rather just eat you instead, they get dumped......probubly why they are running lose in florida everywere.

With that said (sorry for the soupbox), I guess i can say with a clear concience that I have fantastic nile. Her name is Kelly. She allows me to take her out of her enclosure on the weekends. I take her into the back yard and let her walk around. The only way I was able to get on her "do not eat list" was patience, forgiveness, and understanding to a degree that most would find just plain disfunctional. :eatpointe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
give me some care tips. Mine is about 2 1/2 feet with the tail.
All boiled down: tons of food, tons of space, tons of understanding. If you would like I can share details in the monitor forum.