FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jackson chameleon
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlemunyon12 View Post
Thank you.
Don't thank me just yet. I haven't actually helped you.

Quote:
I am in fact talking about jacksons chameleons.
Well, at least, I got the species in question correct.

Quote:
The terrarium is a normal sized 55 gallon terrarium
I now understand, since, I saw the picture. Thank you, for posting said picture.

Quote:
and I smashed out one side and turned it on its side to stand up right and then put a screen top on it.
I love your D.I.Y. I am TERRIBLE at D.I.Y. So, I could never hope to replicate your amazing work. I definitely feel it would be appropriate for the species in question. What are the temperatures and general humidity in the room, that, your specimen will be kept in?

Quote:
Oh and my only prior experience with chameleons is my veiled chameleon I had when I was younger
I would say that Chamaeleo calyptratus is the most "forgiving" chameleon species. If, you can call any Chameleon species forgiving. I would say that Trioceros jacksonii is fairly "forgiving". Much more so then the Furcifer pardalis that you mentioned.

Quote:
and taking care of a friends panther chameleon for a long period of time.
Can I ask how long? To me, a long time caring for a Furcifer pardalis would be like two weeks!! Of course, in actuality that isn't a long period of time.

Quote:
Besides that I have plenty of experience with other species of reptiles and amphibians.
What follows is nothing but my two cents, so, take it for exactly what it is worth. I feel Chamaeleonidae are UNLIKE almost any other reptile or amphibian. They are just so easily stressed out. So, are much harder to keep, in my humble opinion.

I hope this post made sense. If, you need any further assistance regarding my convoluted post, please, let me know.

Thanks!!