FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #89
Mikkwa
I was one of the ppl that joined originally for the classifieds. I've bought 5 snakes from this site since my short time of joining. My very first post was a good guy post for one of the sellers I bought from here. I have so far stayed away from commenting in the bad guy posts due to the fact that most get away from the topic & end up a "shouting" match between posters who don't agree with each other. I do love reading those posts tho', it reminds me of a soap opera (sorta' - As the fauna world turns, so does the days of our reptiles' lives).

This is only my personal opinion, not a complaint that anyone here has instilled in my way of thinking, but I felt I didn't really have much of a right to post until I became a contributing member. My reason for thinking on that line is that if I can spend multi-X dollars on snakes, benefiting from this site, but not willing to contribute to help keep it going I didn't have a right to complain or say anything.

I am having loads of fun since I joined the "Hell" group, I love it in there & some of the threads are hilarious! I have posted more in there than anywhere else so far (I know, says a lot about my personality, but at my age...I can handle it).

So far on this forum I haven't felt the haughtyness I do on a few others I belong to. I am not new to the keeping of reptiles, especially snakes tho' I'm no expert either. Some of the other forums think & have said as much that if you are new you must be new to reptiles & your opinions or posts are of no importance. I'm new to all the forums as I didn't have internet in my home for many yrs. after my son left home & just returned to it this yr., hence I have no previous online history. Thank ya'll for accepting me here & I will do my best to not let you down with any negative vibes!