FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Leachie vs. A pinkie
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
312Herps
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathacat View Post
Leachies are on the more carnivorous end for Rhacs, and enjoy a meaty treat now and again. In the wild they eat smaller lizards and whatnot, so a pinkie is a good substitute meal--high in protein and calcium. When I purchased this gecko from the breeder (Carrie from Gecko Greatness) she said to offer him a pinkie once a month or so. We sometimes spoil him and do 2 a month.

But according to this, from Rhacodactylus: The Complete Guide to their Selection and Care:
... When available during breeding season, May through October, giant geckos are offered pink fuzzy mice of the appropriate size once every 2 weeks. In general, geckos offered mice tend to grow larger than those not fed mice. Some breeders feed their subadult to adult GT geckos only twice a week (pink fuzzy once/wk and CGD once/wk).

So maybe we aren't spoiling him so much, but there ya go.

That's great and very informative , Thanks . Yes i personally know Carrie-n-Kashe they maitnain i high level of quality of animals no matter what they breed . maybe one day i'll get into the Type A's dark morphs. Thanks for sharing.