FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Tile cleaning & snake exposure to Bar Keeper's Friend
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
a709262
Tile cleaning & snake exposure to Bar Keeper's Friend

We are in the process of deep cleaning the grout in our house. The entire house is tiled, which includes our snake room. While searching for safe cleaners to use, we decided to go with the powder form of Bar Keepers Friend. After using it in the bathrooms and kitchen of the house (all a safe distance from the snake room), we noticed that it has neither a strong odor nor does it seem to give off strong fumes. It also seems to make a lot of lists for animal friendly products.

With this in mind, is it safe to use this product with the animals in the room, or should they be removed? The snakes will not come into direct contact, but if its ingrediants do release harmful fumes, they would be exposed to them. We plan to vent the room via open window and box fan whether the animals can stay or not. My gut tells me to just move them until it's finished, but if it can be helped, I'd rather not stress them with a move.