FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wise's rights?
Thread: Wise's rights?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
You know, a member can't ban anyone from anything. Takes a Mod to do that. And I'll bet that if a Mod banned, booted, or otherwise made someone leave chat...It's because they were being a disruption or broke the rules in some way.

That being said, ain't nobody to blame for a ban but yourselves. Take your lumps like the man, woman or little girl that you choose to be, and move on.

As for the "private" chat goes...uh, ALL of us have tried to deal with this in private at one point or another. Some of us have more patience and keep trying, some of us told them to take it to the BOI once we started feeling the warmness of the bullshit slowly climbing up our legs.

The only real concern here should be if there was anything relevant to add to the case. If there was, I'm sure that the Mods that were present are honest enough that they would disclose this info in the thread were the info should be.

My 2¢
Rick
Okay-I'm on the outside looking in on this whole debacle-including the auctions. I had nothing to do with the fund-raisers at all.

Having said that, I've read all the info here and on the other thread with a mix of shock and horror.

Regarding "the private chat room". I was asking my daughter-who uses chat rooms on a daily basis-if the "maker" of a private chat room can exclude people from them.

She uses a site called xat.com for chat rooms for a RPG she plays, and the private chat room maker CAN ban or kick others from the room, can keep others from reading or responding, etc.

So if the software is similar to that used by xat, Christine COULD basically "call the shots" in the room and have people removed or keep them from reading/responding.

I'm lucky I know how to use AIM...but I just wanted to put this info out there-based on a frequent user's experience.