FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 03:07 PM   #224
WebSlave
Ah, well. It was 2 years ago today that Connie got the diagnosis of stage 4 metastatic ovarian cancer.

Been working out on the property a lot clearing the underbrush and small trees to open up the woods some. Been using the wood chipper on the tractor to turn all those small trees, vines, and brush piles into little wood chips. Interestingly enough, while I was out there today I was carrying an armload of branches and roots I had cut off of some of the trees to the chipper when I moved to readjust the weight distribution. I suddenly felt a very sharp pain in my left chest. First thing that went through my mind was "well I guess my time here on Earth is done. About time..." I didn't expect that thought. But in any event, just turned out to be a sharp root jabbing me in the chest, so I am still here.

As for the internet dating stuff.... I am a complete flop at it. No closer to finding someone than I was when I started. Have yet to have any real offers to meet anyone in person. Not unless I want to send them money for airfare or gasoline. So it looks like that is a complete bust. Being 73 years old is certainly putting me behind the eight ball. That and I guess I just am not anyone's heart throb. Oh well..........