FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas View Post
It just could of been that her pythons weren't infected, she specifically said that the het albino boas were the ones that were most likely exposed. Just because her pythons didn't get it doesn't mean her boas didn't and aren't carrying it. You can't be sure, IBD works in weird ways. It's just better to be safe than sorry considering how little we know about it.
from what I'm reading about IBD, it sounds like pythons contract the disease much more easily than boas. One of the papers I'm reading is written by a professor at the University here where I live/attend. I will see if I can get in contact with him as he specializes in reptile vet practices.

Again, it seems like, from what I've read, that the exposure to contraction time for pythons is much faster and they show symptoms and die quicker than boas. Yes, moving a quarantined snake WITH the other snakes was a bad move. Personally I would not have done it.

Ashley also posted that Yvonne's snakes were kept and bred with some of hers. Yvonne has not lost any snakes to IBD SINCE that time either.

I agree that IBD is tricky. I also know Yvonne has pythons as well and again, since pythons contract IBD easier, she hasn't lost anything so I think it's more than likely the case was an isolated incident.