FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #34
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelSS View Post
The thing that worries me with quarantine is that if there is even a CHANCE IBD can be airborne, quarantine in the same building is useless. Unless you can get from room A where the quarantine is, to room B, with showering, fresh clothes being brought to you, and being in a sterile environment, anyone who keeps boas or pythons can SERIOUSLY be screwed.
Pretty much! Paramyxo is just as bad. Thought I had a round of that, but 2 necropsies cleared the collection. I watched a friend lose 100 snakes in a VERY short period of time, and another with 3 snakes in over a year. One of which was euthanized after the 2nd tested positive for paramyxo.

I had a separate building at the time, and for a year snakes were kept separated in 4 rooms..and that outside building.
I waited a year to add anything else into my collection and I did so VERY slowly. It was a pain in the butt.

I know Ashley buys snakes from many different sources, sellers, shows, and Craigslist. There's been proof that some of her snakes have not been quarantined properly, and who's to say the IBD didn't come from another snake that was an asymptomatic carrier?