FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Betta Breeding Problems...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
What worked best for me was taking a 10 gallon tank and filling it half-way. Set the temp for 80 degrees. Get a transparent divider and put one betta on each side. On the male's side float an plastic lid or some fake floating plants so he can build his bubble nest. I usually gave the male and female several days before introducing them. Then I would remove the divider and give them some time. Once they get eggs and the male has collected all the eggs, I removed the female. Feeding bloodworms and mysis shrimp, frozen krill and betta food worked well for me. Do include some plants for the female to have some cover should the male be a little too aggressive and she needs some space.
You may need to separate them for some time and then re-introduce them as mentioned above. It worked very well for me but I never got a chance to get the fry past the first 4 weeks due to not getting the bugs out of my first time trying and overfeeding errors. Good luck, hope it works.
Thanks! I just have a quesion.. How do I get the food for babies? I heard they need some small... krill stuff but they don't have it at my local pet shop... so how do I get it???