FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #479
TONY D
@ Harald: Thanks, I think

@ Wess: (This space is left intentionally blank.)

@ Cynthia: I don’t assume neglect I suspect it, there is a difference; and I only suspect it because the story I was told did not match the pics I was sent. I think the key you’re missing is desiccated. Yes rigor is a state dead animals pass through rather quickly but this one was past that and desiccated. Perhaps this was a bad example because here the snake went from live and sassy to dead and dried up in 7 days. That means the snake died on something like day 3 maybe 4 at most and therefore regardless of conditions it was kept in (well maybe not rode home in a deli cup sitting on the dash of the car) as a healthy snake, should have survived longer than that. Despite the nagging feeling I still have about how the snake was cared for it was pretty clear that replacement of the animal was something that I would want if the script was flipped and I did so for that actual buyer with no regret. I could have said forget it but nobody would have won. As is, there were fewer than 20 words in three short emails between the buyer and I before I offered an acceptable resolution.

As for the communications between Stu and Jerry, I obviously see them a little differently than you. I admit that I haven’t “poured” over them but my impression, after a single read, was that this was two guys who weren’t banging (communication wise) on all cylinders. Stu didn’t come out and say what he wanted from the get go and Jerry failed to recognize Stu’s angst and to communicate his intentions. Once the antagonists pilled on all bets were off until cooler heads prevailed. Classic human nature stuff and 100% predictable. If you see it differently that is fine but I would hope that we can disagree respectfully.

You also seemed to indicate that I’ve somehow disparaged the BOI? Nothing is further from the truth. I’m actually very grateful that at least one webmaster in our community isn’t also so risk adverse that he too wont allow these discussions to be made. (I’m not sure that came out right but it was intended as a positive) That said, I don’t think everybody who “posts” here has what I would call a qualified opinion. When a seller takes your money and you never hear from them again it’s easy to make a judgment but it’s another matter all together when two guys aren’t EFFECTIVELY communicating and they’re upset and perhaps irrational because $3.1K of hard earned money is involved. People forget that 90% of communication is non verbal and that darn few of us are accomplished enough writers to convey everything we intend in an email. They think they’ve really done something when they pick a post, email or text apart but they usually haven’t. Some are well meaning and seeking clarification but some are just troublemakers. Their existence doesn’t make the BOI a piece of work or worthless but they do make it harder to get to the core of what’s going on and to facilitate a resolution which should be our concern.