FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry STEVEN MILLER? JAMES COZZA?
Thread: Inquiry STEVEN MILLER? JAMES COZZA?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #215
Jela's Phat Phibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan S. View Post
Tallahassee Sheriff's Dept. Of course there is only Tallahassee Police Dept or Leon County Sheriff's Dept and I don't know exactly which agency contacted Steven. But it was a "courtesy visit" because internet crime is a federal jurisdiction and local law enforcement usually do not get involved. In this case, since Steven is in Florida trying to sell reptiles, it IS a case for Florida Wildlife Commission because it is illegal to sell reptiles without the proper license to do so. And then add using someone else's animal pictures saying they are his to sell to commit fraud and then not paying someone for goods delivered.....well, it appears that Steven is racking up quite a list for some kind of charges. I hope he gets charged with something along the way or else he will begin to refine his actions to get bigger and more bold in the
future.

Susan Sentman

I echo the same sentiments Susan. I myself have forwarded all documentation and provided FF&W with all that they requested of me. Now it's just a waiting game.

I think that he seriously thinks that this is all just a big joke and we are crying wolf to scare him. I guess he shall soon see.

In the end, we will all get the last laugh. The officer in charge of this investigation seemed very confident in the evidence and seemed hell bent on dealing with this poor excuse of a human life. I am thankful that we were assigned the officer that we were. My kind of guy for sure.

I know that I will more then likely never receive compensation for my business's loss, however the satisfaction of knowing that this guy is out of the hobby is worth much more then the dollar amount associated with my loss .