FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Status check on health of this site.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #25
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
How many people actually know to check both classified sections? I actually forget about checking the photopost section sometimes myself.
No way of telling. When I get this site upgraded, I believe there is a mod available that will basically combine the capabilities of both types of classified sections so I can eliminated the dual nature of classifieds here. But of course, there will likely be compromises that need to be made.

Right now an upgrade isn't advisable because my programmer tells me the developers are working on yet another change in the basic structure of vBulletin which would be best to wait for. Of course, being the first on the block with ANY major new software revision is not advisable either. If an upgrade were a simple matter, then it wouldn't be an issue, but with all the custom mods on this site, the conversion is going to be time consuming and costly for programmer time. Fortunately some mods have been incorporated in the newest upgrade version of the software, but there are still come pretty radical changes in the code here that will have to be completely rewritten for the upgrade. Heck, I've done a few minor changes myself, and don't know if I even remember what I did back then.