FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Corn Snake Rescue
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #9
ChristineMarie94
I've gone ahead and made him a moist hide using some moss, and he's mostly ignored it. He's actually ignored both of the hides that I put in there for him. He didn't have a hide before we got him, so I'm not sure if he really knows what to do with one? He did enjoy lying on top of the hide?

He's definitely got a little bit of an RI, although the vet seemed confident that we caught it just in time. I also found a good reptile rescue that I'm going to be taking him to on Wednesday. It'll be sad to see him go, but he's such a sweet boy that I know he'll get a loving home as soon as he's well enough too. The rescue is a lot more equipped to handle the situation if he goes downhill, and my land lord would absolutely kick us out if they knew we were harboring a fugitive!

Unfortunately, local law enforcement didn't seem to really care to much about him. The homeowners called and they were basically told "Well, you could try the pound, but I don't think they take those things." Super helpful answer, right? I'm just happy that we got to him in time and are able to help him out. It sickens me that someone could have this snake and then just leave it inside of a cage that's duct taped shut with no heat or food or anything. It's just mind boggling to me. We've had him for all of 5 days and I'm already in love with him!