FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #89
WebSlave
Heck, I want to hear other peoples' opinions too. That includes the negatives of why people have left this site, and why they decided to discontinue paid memberships and sponsorships. Maybe I'll learn and know what to do right in my next life.

I will say one thing here that really gripes my butt. I have to manually set up the forum sponsorships, and also audit them periodically to see when they have expired. It's a pain in the butt, really. So anyway, when I see one that has expired, I will usually send the member a courtesy private message to ask if they have noticed that it has expired and their intentions concerning renewal. Of course, if I see that the member hasn't been here for a very long time, I just assume they are gone, and I take down the sponsorship link, and that is that.

Anyway, a good number of them will not even give me the courtesy of a response. Heck, are people pissed because I am charging $50 per year for those sponsorships? I thought the price is a bargain, compared to others I have seen. Then I've even had some that would respond, telling me they will renew "later today" or in a few days, or in a week, and then when I run the next audit, no, they haven't renewed. So I send them another reminder. Honestly a sponsorship might run months after it has expired, as I really don't do the audits all that often. But in cases like the later, I really feel like I am being taken advantage of when their sponsorship has run for MONTHS after having expired and they can't even extend me a simple courtesy reply.

So yeah, sometimes I do cop an attitude when people snub me. I tend to get over them quickly, but I guess an edge does build up cumulatively after a while. I'm just not sure what I did to them to deserve being treated like that, to be perfectly honest.