FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Scam Artist Keven Vogenberger
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #316
Shiari
All of my reptiles see the vet whenever I think something might be wrong. This means that the snake I purchased that arrived with bubbles in her mouth got a vet exam the next day, a culture, and two types of injectible antibiotics once the culture results came in.

I took a retired breeder in on Friday because I could palpate that she had decided to make a clutch without being bred and despite going through a pre-lay shed, had surpassed her like clockwork 10 day lay period. Vet wants me to wait a couple more weeks and do a recheck, since she's eating and defecating.

I've also done the 3 hour round trip thing after calling 9 different vet hospitals and emergency clinics to find someone to suture up a laceration on one of my snakes. That was a $300 bill.

I've done surgery on an eggbound snake, who then threw a blood clot and had to have her tail amputated the next day. That was a $900 total bill.

I purchased these animals, and so I will care for them. It is my responsibility. To do anything else is abhorrent and unethical.

If you can't provide proper care, don't have 200+ reptiles, especially if you don't even know their species.