FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Peru Field Pics
Thread: Peru Field Pics
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #24
jmugleston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playballp View Post
Amazing shots! Thanks for sharing. Where in Peru did you go?
BTW I love cuy (guinea pig), my grandma makes the best cuy in Ancash
I hear that mine must have been prepared wrong. I'm typically a huge fan of uncommon food items, but that really didn't taste good. How does your grandmother cook it? I want to try it again when I go back in a few months, but I'll definitely go to a different restaurant. It is odd too. The alpaca I ate there the night before was incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Incredible! I love how you just casually threw that leopard in at the end! The clear butterfly with pink is amazing. They certainly have more than their fair share of locust/katydid type things. How long did it take you to get all those beautiful photos? Did you actually stay in the field? Thanks for sharing!

Noelle
Yeah the leopard was an amazing sight. With the lion we saw in Africa a couple years back, I now only have a few large cats left to spot in the field. The pictures are a bit katydid heavy as that is what I was specifically looking for. There were plenty of other insects as well, but I didn't put much interest in them. When we're out collecting we do stay in the field. Typically there are research lodges along the river that we can stay in. Other times it is tents. Most the accommodations in Peru were nice relative to the other places I've been. At one location we stayed at a tourist lodge. It was quite comfy. warm water, beds, and nice meals!