FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquary about Dale from Freedomreptiles.com?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #29
jmugleston
Wherer to begin.

First: This thread is ridiculous. Robert, you have already stated you feel Dale did you wrong. You most likely had no intention of dealing with him in the future. Your inquiry is nothing more than an attempt to fish out others that feel ire toward Dale in order to smear his name. Your arguement is weak and has already been exposed as such. The money was refunded. So he isn't going to help your society. Sometimes deals fall through. I don't know what occurred between the two of you and I don't care. Nobody owes the other money. He helped you out up until the point of your dissociation. Why not go your separate ways and be done. Simple agreements dissolve all the time. You should be happy that this ended without one party indebted to the other. If it isn't about money, then what is it? Your association ended. That happens.

Now for this comment on post #19: "Buddy, I have never been in a chat with you. the only chat I have ever been in is my own and T.B.Exotics flash chat. "

Freedom had a link to a Sunday night chat. I know since I was pmed and invited there also. Buddy was there as were you Robert. I believe your wife was too. You did speak about Troy and your involvement with albinoburmese.com. You may remember me asking who Troy was since I had no knowledge of the situation. Anyway, I have had no problem with you in the past. I do think your intentions behind this thread are despicable. You attempted to attack Dale just to get some satisfaction since you are upset he is no longer helping you. (Bad sentence structure, but too tired to worry about it.)

Second: Jarrett: You knew there was a bit of drama on freedom. This seems to be the case on all reptile forums. Wouldn't you get sick of it after a while? It is no wonder site owners decide to shut down. The drama is almost unbearable just from an observer's standpoint. What surprises me is that instead of trying to solve the issue like adults, and figuring out why you were involved in the mess, you chose to take the offensive and harass the administrator. All I can say is I'm surprised. I figured you would have behave diffently.

Third: Reptile Forums: These are supposed to be places where those with similar interests can come together and share information, stories, experience, etc. A place to congregate with others who are in the hobby. Somehow along the lines, herpers felt this also meant turf wars and pissing contests. It is in all the forums and it seems that the more you try to ignore it, the more drama will rear its ugly head. A forum is owned by an individual or individuals. The owners have the right to allow whomever they desire. Likewise they can choose to ban/ignore whomever they desire too. If it is a good forum, people will visit it and it will continue. If it isn't it will die down. If people are curious about Dale's forum, visit it and see for yourself. If you like it stay. If not go elsewhere since there are plenty of other forums on which to post. This drama is ridiculous. If you don't like an admin, go elsewhere. Maybe try to do so in an adult manner since you still share a common bond to the reptile hobby. Personal preferences aside, this common bond should hold us together so that we can look at least partially united against the onslaught of legislation looking to limit or end our hobby. Don't listen to others' opinions. Form your own. If the site or the admin don't mix with you, part ways and be done. The personal attacks are ridiculous.

Fourth: Dale Ward
I have personally known Dale for over a decade now. Since we have been friends I have had numerous business dealings with him. Never has there been and issue. When I have sold him animals, payment was received as agreed upon, and when I have purchased animals from him, I have never been anything but impressed with the price and quality.

Fifth: The purpose for this particular BOI thread.
If the BOI is to give would-be buyers and would-be patrons of websites an idea of the character and business ethics of a person or business, then the onus is upon the person posting to provide evidence for their case. This thread started with a supposedly inquiring question that was obviously loaded as pointed out in an earlier post. Robert started this with the sole purpose of cutting Dale down with little support for his argument save a debunked deal where freedomreptiles.com was going to assist his society. Once again, those involved in the raffle were refunded.

Closing: This thread is ridiculous and goes to show that people can't just move on and for some reason feel the need to "get even". Robert you're intentions seem impure and if this is for any other reason than to "talk crap" on Dale, then maybe you should let us know where he dealt unfairly with you or why you feel he shouldn't be dealt with. A better reason than a deal you had with him fell through and he refunded everbody's money. That problem was resolved. What is your new claim? Jarrett, I'm still surprised you're acting this way. Let it go. If you feel the need to be on freedomreptiles.com, contact Dale in a mature fashion, let him know you want to be part of that community again and see if you can't resolve past grievances. Otherwise, find a new forum to post. Don't keep bombarding Dale's in an attempt to cause problems. Robert, move on. Continuing this thread is only going to make you look foolish.