FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - High End Herps (Inquiry)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #60
fuscusking13
High End Herps

All I can give you guys is my personal experiance with David when I met him to trade/sell some animals to him. I hit rock bottom, if you will, after losing my favorite snake, and it hit me very hard. She was the snake that changed my opinion on reptiles all together and brought me into the wonderful world of herps. She brought many people to the defense of reptiles who were previously afraid of them, or just disliked them. She really did change the world. Anyhow after he tried to talk me out off getting rid of all my reptiles, saying that I would regret it(and I do) he aggreed to buy them from me and when they breed I have an option at some babies since I will rebuild my collection somday. I personally drove from Connecticut to Louisiana to deliver them myself becuase they were like my children and I wanted to see where they would be going. I met David at one of his quarentine facilities and was very impressed. He builds his own custom cages and everything was well cared for. No distgusting cages, and everything was well cared for and very tame. There was only one snake I saw that even had a bad attitude. This is one of several of his facilities and there were many snakes there, in the 100's. He also had another facility on the property for the breeding of food animals, which was kept up very well as well as the snakes. It is nice to see someone who understands that quality going in = quality animals. I WOULD NOT HAVE LEFT MY SNAKES THERE IF I WAS NOT 100 PERCENT COMFORTABLE WITH DAVID AND HIS FACILITY. David has been nice enough to keep in touch and send pictures and updates regularly, which has helped ease losing all my snakes. I still have 2 ball pythons left for sale, but there with a friend until they sell, didnt want anyone to see my add and think I was lying or something, just David isnt big on balls and we made an aggreement that he was keeping my animals, not reselling them, which he has stuck by). Based on what I saw in person with my own 2 eyes and meeting David I highly reccomend him and his animals, and doctoring or not(everyone that has snakes(with yellow in them) knows that yellows do not show up well in photos and must be adjusted to capture the actual color), the photos do not do those albino hybrids justice, they are awesome. They are so vibrant even from across the room. Anyway, hope this helps anyone with doubts, I did not see all of his facilities as I was pressed for time and had to get back up here for work, but of what I saw I can say only good things. Dan Magano.