FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Animal Plastics...my experience (pos and neg)
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
whippet
Animal Plastics...my experience (pos and neg)

I am reporting my experience with Animal plastics cage and rack company. I am going to try and do this in order, as there were several problems some of which the company worked to make us happy.

I ordered 3 racks and 5 cages from Animal Plastics on March 17th. They were estimated to be shipped in 4 weeks. After several delays (once for being out of flextape and once for a confusion on the fact that the sterlite tubs sold for the rack I ordered are no longer made) the order was shipped. Both of these delays were explained by the company and we were given two seperate refunds for the delay.

Everything arrived on May 7th.

I put together the racks first. It was slightly confusing because the directions for putting them together were not labeled to match the units. However we did figure it out and after getting the first together the next two were simple.

Next I began to put together the cages. I ordered 2 T10s with split hinged doors and dividers. I also ordered lights for these cages.

They came with a hole in the top for the light cord with is rather large and will need to be blocked for all but the largest of my snakes. However since we have not put the unit fully together at this point, that hole may in fact be blocked by the light itself. But the big concern is the placement of the light does not allow for the divider to be used. There were 5 lights shipped for five cages, plus two dividers so I can split two of the cages. So ideally, each "split cage" will have one light and the divider should have a slot cut in it where the light will fit tightly in order to light up both of the sides of the cages. It looks like I am going to have to take the divider to Virginia to have my father use a jigsaw to cut these holes so that the lights can be used. This will be another two week delay in which my boas are shoved into too-small rack tubs.

As far as the dividers themselves, there were no instuctions and no slot or screw holes for it to be put in place. There are also no instructions on putting in the sliding glass doors or the locks on the 3 other T10s. We ended up using screws to bolt the divider to the side walls.

Communication has been another small issue. Phone calls are rarely answered although my understanding is Ali is on maternity leave and that may account for some of that. Emails have been answered far faster.

Most of this stuff is just meerly inconvenient but the divider issue is definately a problem.
Tara Simmons